Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Now that We are Official

Well, it’s been a few weeks since the big party and particularization and I think I’m glad I don’t have to type or explain that word again. What a great night of celebration though! Thanks for praying and giving and supporting this work.

Now begins a slightly different work of being a church. I’m going to ask you to pray for a few things that are related to that work:
- Pray for me as I lead the elders, staff, home fellowship group leaders, ministry team leaders and coach José and other church planters as they start more churches. It is a joy to train and counsel such great leaders, but I need more wisdom and patience than I realize.
- Pray for love and unity to permeate our church and the church in Smyrna. Since October 5-10 Senior Pastors of churches in Smyrna have been meeting for prayer every Monday. It is getting real and good. We’re below the surface to some tears, some heartbreak for the lost, some frustration with injustice. But we know the enemy, the world and our own sinfulness war against the Bride of Christ and our mission of grace in Christ.
- Pray for us to pray well. I’m sort of starting to believe that God is able and powerful, but I’m weak and not so smart. I’m sort of giving up on cool strategies. But I’m only bright enough to call the church to pray and fast for our city and our nation to repent and call on Christ. We’re going to do that 40 days leading up to Easter.

Maybe if GOD works in our city to bring folks to faith, we can follow Him! Sound like a plan?!
Graced
Jim

For info on Crosspoint www.crosspointsmyrna.org
For info on our daughter church Emmanuel www.emmanuelpca.org

No comments: