Thursday, July 23, 2009

The More I'm Broken the More I'm Doing the Gospel


Early on I was mostly talk and no do.

I didn't have much of a heart for the poor or those who didn't have their act together. Frankly I was judgmental, contemptuous. Deep in my heart afraid that if I took time to care about someone who couldn't pay me back somehow, it would cut into my plans to be secure, important and respectable.

See, I wanted to be better than 'those' people. Then God keeps on breaking me.
And keeps on proving to me that I am no better than anyone else.

Now I'm doing more that matters. And I find that when I go pray for a sick person, or help build or restore a house or teach an alien to speak English I'm glad. The Kingdom of heaven comes here as it is in heaven.

Heaven is for the broken, the sick, the weak and the alien.

No comments: